The aims of this document are to:
We want this to be clear, concise and helpful. We don’t want to repeat what you may already have received.
Further guidance, additional reading, weblinks, supporting documents and exemplar resources are all available on the Remote Learning Google Classroom (class code: t4tu5ji).
Barak Rosenshine’s ‘Principles of Instruction’ provides a useful reminder about what makes effective teaching and learning. ‘Walkthrus’ also provides further guidance on specific strategies to support teaching and learning.
1. What’s the best method of communicating what I want pupils to learn?
2. What’s the most effective way to monitor and assess what students have learned?
3. Now that I’m clear how I’m teaching the lesson and how I’m going to assess learning, what pedagogical approaches do I need to use to teach this lesson? (See DfE ‘What’s working well in remote education’ for further advice)
Where possible, please use high quality content that already exists, rather than feeling that you have to create everything yourself. This will support workload and energy levels.
4. When I’ve got feedback from pupils, how will I use this to assess their learning and inform my next lesson?
5. How do I ensure students are clear about my expectations and ways of working remotely?
6. What considerations do I need to take into account in order to ensure my lesson meets the needs of the vulnerable learners (PP/SEND/EAL/AG&T etc) in my class?
Two of our secondary schools are currently looking for teachers: @Barlby_High are recruiting a Teacher of Art, with Year Leader Opportunity and @ValeYorkAcademy, a Teacher of Science. Both close on 10 May #CareersWithHope #nextsteps #jobs buff.ly/2PcgYih
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.