The aims of this document are to:
We want this to be clear, concise and helpful. We don’t want to repeat what you may already have received.
Further guidance, additional reading, weblinks, supporting documents and exemplar resources are all available on the Remote Learning Google Classroom (class code: t4tu5ji).
Barak Rosenshine’s ‘Principles of Instruction’ provides a useful reminder about what makes effective teaching and learning. ‘Walkthrus’ also provides further guidance on specific strategies to support teaching and learning.
1. What’s the best method of communicating what I want pupils to learn?
2. What’s the most effective way to monitor and assess what students have learned?
3. Now that I’m clear how I’m teaching the lesson and how I’m going to assess learning, what pedagogical approaches do I need to use to teach this lesson? (See DfE ‘What’s working well in remote education’ for further advice)
Where possible, please use high quality content that already exists, rather than feeling that you have to create everything yourself. This will support workload and energy levels.
4. When I’ve got feedback from pupils, how will I use this to assess their learning and inform my next lesson?
5. How do I ensure students are clear about my expectations and ways of working remotely?
6. What considerations do I need to take into account in order to ensure my lesson meets the needs of the vulnerable learners (PP/SEND/EAL/AG&T etc) in my class?
Congratulations to @RachelofYork, founder of @ArcMathsApp and former teacher @manorceacademy whose Maths app has been shortlisted for the Educational App of the Year at the @Bett_show Awards. Very proud that some of our students could help with testing! buff.ly/3qsBdpj
We're excited to be working alongside @AHSYork, @pathfindertsa and @eboractrust as a key delivery partner for the new Teaching School Hub which will serve Scarborough, Ryedale and York #collaboration #workforcedevelopment #opportunities yorkpress.co.uk/news/19082928…
For families in York with children with Autism diagnoses, if you need some support.... twitter.com/MrsCope_HopeSE…
Are you an experienced SEND Consultant looking to work 3 days per week from April 2021 for up to a year to cover a period of maternity leave of our substantive Lead Trust SENCo (Primary)? We'd love to hear from you! #CareersWithHope #SEND buff.ly/3cGjFlo
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.